The economy has been in a tough position for years, encouraging a lot of people to seek advice on ways to hold on to what little cash they have. There are a lot of great blogs giving amazing personal finance tips. If you’re looking for some guidance, here are 75 blogs you don’t want to pass up.
Banking and Personal Finance
These blogs focus on comparing on bank accounts (savings, checking, CDs, etc.) and providing personal finance tips.
1. All Financial Matters: This personal finance blog is dedicated to topics such as budgeting, retirement, financial planning and investing.
2. Alpha Consumer: Kimberly Palmer, senior editor for U.S. News and World Report, offers expert consumer advice for all ages. It’s definitely not your run-of-the-mill personal finance blog.
3. BankRate: BankRate is considered a best-in-class comparison site for products like bank accounts, as well as tips on acquiring loans and credit cards.
4. Bargain Babe: Julia Scott, the Bargain Babe, is an award-winning journalist who offers some amazing advice on how to spot bargains all over the world.
5. Bargaineering: This site is run by a personal finance blogger who give great advice he’s learning on his journey to understand “pretty complex and confusing topics.”
6. Budgets Are Sexy: Edgy personal finance blog that has been featured in Time and U.S. News and World Reports.
7. Cash Money Life: A personal finance and career blog offering advice on the ins and outs of managing your money and life.
8. CheckingFinder: This site works to help you find the most affordable checking account in your area, while offering tips and news on the topic.
9. Consumerist: The Consumerist encourages consumers to fight for their right to save money and not be taken advantage of by corporate scandals that impact our wallets.
10. Couple Money: Great blog that zeroes in on how to handle finances and manage savings as a family.
11. Dumb Little Man: The Dumb Little Man (who is actually quite smart) dedicates his blog to providing tips that will save you money and increase your productivity.
12. Finance for Freelance Life: This blog provides insight tips for the everyday person looking for ways to save money and manage personal finances well.
13. Five Cent Nickel: Five Cent Nickel has been around for some time. In fact, it is considered one of the most respected personal finance blogs around. Check it out!
14. Gen X Finance: This blog is run by a licensed retirement planning specialist who is also a financial planning guide for About.com. And if you like stats, he’s bringing in 38 million unique visits a month.
15. Gen Y Wealth: R.J. Weiss is a Certified Financial Planner who offers great savings tips as well as a free 10-step email program that helps create a financial plan.
16. Girls Just Want to Have Funds: Cute personal finance and savings blog giving great tips on how to manage debt, save for retirement and invest for the future.
17. Lazy Man and Money: This blog is all about getting the biggest return for the least amount of effort. If you’re a lazy man (or woman), this savings blog is for you.
18. Money Blue Book: If you’re looking for savings tips, along with information how to build credit, manage credit cards and choose bank accounts, this blog is for you.
19. Money Crashers: Money Crashers is a great blog touching on everything from banking and money management to real estate and small business.
20. My Money Blog: Another blog recognized by Money Magazine, My Money Blog is written by an IT engineer who is brutally honest about his financial success and failures.
21. One Cent at a Time: Get some great tips on saving money, making smart investments and improving overall productivity.
22. Saving Advice: Tried and true savings tips sprinkled with some great coupons and discounts to take advantage of.
23. Stop Buying Crap: Humor is always a great way to get through tough financial situations. If you’re having problems saving money and want a quick laugh too, Stop Buying Crap is a great blog to read.
24. SpringCoin: Spring is an online tool that helps you create a budget while giving you personalized spending insight on how you can cut your expenses.
25. The Frugal Girl: Cute blog that mixes personal finance tips from a mom of four with fun family photos and updates.
Deals and Coupons
One of the best ways to save money is to take advantage of deals and coupons. Luckily, there are a ton of blogs and sites willing to help you find the best deals out there.
26. $5 Dinners: Learn about great ways to reduce the cost of dinner for you and your family.
27. Baby Cheapskate: This is a fantastic blog for busy parents and homemakers who need advice on how to find cheap items for babies and kids.
28. Bargainist: Love finding great coupons and discounts? This blog is dedicated to not only providing these deals, but also offering great money-saving tips.
29. Brads Deals: Hand-picked deals that offer great descriptions of the product and actual discount you’re getting.
30. Consumer Queen: Find plenty of amazing money-saving coupons and discounts on this blog.
31. Coupon Craze: This deals and discounts advice blog partners with the site that offers great Internet shopping store coupons and codes.
32. Dealicious Mom: Find amazing coupons, deals and giveaways, as well as tips on how to save money on your next purchases.
33. DealNews: This site, where every day is Black Friday, offers top deals and coupons to help you save money on your next purchase.
34. Ebates: Learn about tips on how to find great frugal buys while taking advantage of the site that actually gives you money back for shopping.
35. FatWallet: This community-based site is dedicated to people who love to bargain hunt. Plain and simple.
36. Flamingo World: Flamingo World provides access to great online coupons while its blog offers informative savings tips.
37. For the Mommas: Another great coupon blog focusing on products mothers and families can benefit from.
38. Free Shipping: The site offers tons of new free shipping coupons daily while offering a blog providing great money-saving tips.
39. Got Apex: Get your hands on some great computer deals. Also, check out the blog…pretty funny indeed!
40. Hey, It’s Free!: This blog lets you in on all the great free stuff being offered on the web. Check it out!
41. Krazy Coupon Lady: Learn about some amazing ways to save money on big and small purchases with coupons and discounts.
42. Money Saving Mom: This mom of three is dedicated to raising her lovely children and telling her faithful readers about the best deals on the Internet.
43. NexTag: This fun savings and online deals blog accompanies the NexTag shopping deals site that finds great prices on millions of products.
44. Saving Money Plan: Blog offering great money-saving tips and daily deals.
45. Savings: The coupon site offers a blog that gives great savings tips on everything from home offices to chocolate.
46. Springs Bargains: This deals blog zeroes in on discounts in the Colorado Springs area, but can benefit consumers nationwide.
47. Tech Bargains: Find great bargains on technology purchases only with hot tip articles on shopping advice.
48. The Freebie Blogger: The concept behind this blog is simple: “Find something new and free every day!”
Personal Finance Authors
Looking for help from specific personal finance authors? Here’s a few you’ll love.
49. Leo Babauta: The author of Zen Habits offers great advice on personal finances and overall productivity.
50. Adam Baker: This brutally honest personal finance author blogs about his struggles with debt and journey to get out of it.
51. Jenny Blake: The author of Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want, aims her blog at post-graduates looking for savings and financial guidance.
52. Tim Ferriss: Tim Ferriss, the author of The 4-Hour Workweek, blogs about a number of topics, including saving money and increasing productivity.
53. Trent Hamm: Trent Hamm is the author of 365 Ways to Live Cheap. His site offers great frugality and general personal finance tips.
54. Ellie Kay: This family financial expert teaches from her experience of having a $40,000 consumer debt to being completely debt-free in less than three years.
55. Carrie McCarthy and Danielle LaPorte: There’s plenty of great savings and personal finance advice on this blog created by Carrie & Danielle, authors of Style Statement: Life By Your Own Design.
56. Sharon Harvey Rosenberg: Rosenberg, also known as the Frugal Duchess, offers fantastic tips on how to live a great life without paying a high price.
57. JD Roth: Get Rich Slowly was named most inspiring money blog by Money Magazine. Created by JD Roth, it makes the list of top savings and personal finance blogs of all time.
58. Ramit Sethi: He’s known for being one of the first personal finance bloggers to become a media superstar. Find out why!
59. Liz Weston: Liz Weston is revered as the most-read personal finance columnist on the Internet. She’s written several books on the topic and offers a blog with plenty of tips for readers.
60. Carolyn Wilman: Wilman has won more than $100,000 in prizes by entering contests. Learn how she’s made the most of these contests while taking advantage of her insightful savings tips.
If you like to travel, these blogs will help you budget and save for your next journey.
61. About.com Budget Travel: About.com blogs are great at providing expert advice—and this is no different. Learn about weekly deals and tips on finding the cheapest vacation packages.
62. Art of Nonconformity: This great travel hack blog focuses on life and work with some great tips on how to make your travels less expensive.
63. Budget Travel: It’s all in the title with this great blog. Learn how to travel while saving money along the way.
64. Cool Travel Guide: This travel writer makes the concept of getting away from home cool and expensive.
65. Frugal Traveler: The New York Times travel blog teaches you how to get out and see the world—even if you’re frugal!
66. Hobo Traveler: This is the travel blog of seasoned travel writer Andy Lee Graham. Find out how he travels around the world on just $500 per month.
67. Perceptive Travel: Read travel stories from authors on the move and found out how many did it on a budget.
68. The Professional Hobo: Very cool blog from a Swedish journalist and personal finance blogger who has made it around the world on a limited income—and no home to return to.
69. Travelvice: Another perpetual wanderer shares his journey of uninterrupted budget travel. Learn how to save money and more from this great blog.
70. Trek Hound: If you’re looking for budget saving ideas as an independent traveler, this is the blog for you.
71. Vagabond Journey: An author who has spent years traveling and writing about his journeys, including how he’s had to budget along the way.
72. Viator Travel Blog: The entire staff at Viator is bunch of avid travelers. Learn about how they’ve been able to get out in the world and save money along the way.
73. Wanderlust and Lipstick: Great tips on how to set out on your dream journey—on your very own budget.
74. Working Your Way Around the World: This blog is pretty cool because it helps you figure out how to find work abroad that is reputable and still keeps our bank account intact.
75. Write Away!: Follow award-winning writer Lauren Carter as she treks around various parts of the world, sometimes on a budget.